TUDHOE METHODIST CHURCH - List Entry

  • Description

    "Primitive Methodist chapel, now Methodist chapel, with rear schoolroom. 1870 by the miners of Tudhoe Colliery. Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar dressings, plinth and quoins; rear and part of left return rubble. Welsh slate roof with stone gable copings. Italianate style. One storey, 3 bays. Central gabled porch contains 4-panel door and plain fanlight in raised stone surround....Brass first World War memorial plaque on south wall beside 6-panel door to Sunday School room...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1322853
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 26 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES