Topics > Northumberland > Glanton > St Andrew's URC Church, Glanton

St Andrew's URC Church, Glanton


St Andrew's United Reformed Church is located on West Turnpike (road) in Glanton, Northumberland. The church was built in 1783 and extended in 1912. It was formerly a Presbyterian church. In 1978 the congregation combined with another church in nearby Branton, after the Presbyterian and Congregational churches merged to become the United Reformed Church. The church here in Glanton is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

Glanton Churches and Cathedrals Historic Buildings and Monuments in Glanton Civil Parish 1783
from Geograph (geograph)
St Andrew's United Reformed Church

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from Geograph (geograph)
Glanton United Reformed Church

Pinned by Pat Thomson
from https://historicengland.org...
BRANTON AND GLANTON UNITED REFORMED CHURCH - List Entry
- "United Reformed Church, formerly Presbyterian. 1783; porch and stair projection 1912 by George Reavell of Alnwick. C18 part squared stone with cut dressings. 1912 extension tooled squared stone with ashlar ...

Added by
Pat Thomson
from https://www.explorechurches...
St Andrew - Glanton
- "...St Andrew's was built in 1783 and retains quite a few of the original features, although the 1912 georgraphy of the church was changed inside and outside to allow ...

Added by
Pat Thomson

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES