BRANTON AND GLANTON UNITED REFORMED CHURCH - List Entry

  • Description

    "United Reformed Church, formerly Presbyterian. 1783; porch and stair projection 1912 by George Reavell of Alnwick. C18 part squared stone with cut dressings. 1912 extension tooled squared stone with ashlar dressings. Welsh slate roof with timber belfry under lead cap. 1783 building a simple rectangular preaching box. North elevation, to street; 1912 extension in 2 sections. Tall plinth. Lower right part has half-glazed double doors in lugged architrave flanked by 2-light windows with projecting sills and blocks beneath...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1371089
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 4 months ago
    Viewed: 45 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES