List number: 1278815
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NY8422341717

Old Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lanehead


There is a former Primitive Methodist chapel on School Hill in Lanehead, now converted into a house. The church was built in 1858, and replaced a an earlier chapel of 1824. The former church is a Grade II listed building.

from Geograph (geograph)
Old Lanehead chapel

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://www.historicengland...
GREENLAWS (FORMER PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL) - Lanehead - List Entry
- "Primitive Methodist chapel and extension, now house. Dated 1858 (rebuilding of 1824 chapel) on panel over porch; extension late C19 as memorial to Jonathon and Oliver Humble, given by their ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES