1858


Next year

from http://books.google.co.uk/b...
A history of Northumberland: in three parts. 1858
- Book by John Hodgson, John Hodgson-Hinde, John Collingwood Bruce, Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle upon Tyne. Free eBook digitised by Google

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.geograph.org.uk/...
Saint Nicholas Church
- "Built 1858, it replaced a 12th century church on this site." Photo by Roger Smith, 2007, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.

Added by
Pat Thomson
from http://www.dmm.org.uk/colli...
New Brancepeth Colliery
- 1858 - 1963. Also known as Sleetburn Colliery.

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Northern Architectural Association - 1858 -1958, Newcastle upon Tyne

source Pinned by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.geograph.org.uk/...
Deerness Valley Railway Path at Esh Winning
- "This path, one of many railway paths in County Durham, follows the line of an old railway from Durham to Crook. The railway was opened in 1858, closed to passengers ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Etal
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Free Library, North Shields
- Overview Map Street View The former Free Library is located on Howard Street by the junction with Saville Street, North Shields. The Mechanics Institute was built 1857-1858, designed by John ...
from TWAM (flickr)
The Black Gate, Newcastle upon Tyne

source Pinned by
Simon Cotterill
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Church of St James, Riding Mill
- Overview Map Street View St James' is the parish church in Riding Mill, Northumberland. It was designed by Matthew Thompson of Newcastle and built on land gifted by Joseph Wilson. ...
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
West Pelton Colliery (1858 - 1921)
- West Pelton Colliery opened in 1858 and was one of a number of local collieries run by James Joicey & Co. There were a number of pits and shafts associated with ...
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Old Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lanehead
- Overview Map Street View There is a former Primitive Methodist chapel on School Hill in Lanehead, now converted into a house. The church was built in 1858, and replaced a ...
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Church of St Paul, Spennymoor
- Overview Map Street View  
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Church of St. Nicholas, Durham
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Hownsgill Viaduct

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. You can login with Twitter, Google, Co-Curate or Newcastle University accounts.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES