Topics > Cumbria > Barrows Green, Cumbria > Old Milepost, Barrows Green

Old Milepost, Barrows Green


This old milespost is located by the A65 road at the north of Barrows Green. The cast-iron half-hexagonal shaped milepost is dated 1826. It is one of a series of similar Milestones and Boundary Stones on the old Turnpike Road. The milepost is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

BURTON 8 MILES
1826
KENDAL 3 MILES

Barrows Green, Cumbria Historic Buildings and Monuments in Natland Civil Parish Old Milepost, A65, Halfpenny Milestone
from Geograph (geograph)
Mile post on the A65 (Burton Road) at Barrows Green

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Old Milepost by the A65, Barrows Green

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
MILESTONE APPROXIMATELY 250 YARDS NORTH OF PUNCH BOWL PUBLIC HOUSE - Barrows Green - List Entry
- "Milestone. Dated 1826. Cast-iron. Half-hexagonal with fluted faced and domed top, painted black and white. Marked: BURTON 8 MILES on north side and KENDAL 3 MILES on south side. One ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1137641
List grade: 2
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: SD5265288400

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES