Old Milepost by the A65, Barrows Green

  • Description

    "Metal post with attached metal plates by the A65, in parish of NATLAND (SOUTH LAKELAND District), Barrows Green, 250m North of Punch Bowl PH, by village sign against wall, opposite The Coach House, on East side of road. Winder iron casting, erected by the Heronsyke & Eamont Bridge turnpike trust in the 19th century. Inscription reads:- : BURTON / 8 / MILES : : 1826 : : KENDAL / 3 / MILES : Grade II listed. List Entry Number: 1137641 https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1137641 Milestone Society National ID: WE_KDBK03." Photo by CF Smith, 2007.
  • Owner

    CF Smith
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6095756
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 months, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 64 times
    Picture Taken: 2007-03-09
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES