Topics > Cumbria > Halfpenny > Old Milepost, A65, Halfpenny

Old Milepost, A65, Halfpenny


This old milepost is located by the side of the A65 road near the turn off for Halfpenny. The cast iron milpost is dated 1826 and was installed by the Heronsyke & Eamont Bridge Turnpike Trust. The old milepost is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

BURTON 7 MILES
1826
KENDAL 4 MILES
Halfpenny Historic Buildings and Monuments in Stainton Civil Parish, Cumbria 1826 Old Milepost, Barrows Green Milestone
from Geograph (geograph)
Old Milepost by the A65, Halfpenny, Holme Parish

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Milepost on A65 opposite Stainton Cross

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Old Milepost, Barrows Green
  Co-Curate Page
Old Milepost, Barrows Green
- Overview Map Street View This old milespost is located by the A65 road at the north of Barrows Green. The cast-iron half-hexagonal shaped milepost is dated 1826. It is one ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1137419
List grade: 2
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: SD5326887085

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES