Old Boundary Post, Barrows Green
This old boundary post is located by the A65 road on a garden wall of a house located about 200 yrds north of the Punch Bowl in Barrows Green. The small cast-iron half-hexagonal post is dated 1825. It marked the old boundary between the ancient parish of Heversham and the ancient parish of Kendal. It is also on the current boundary of Stainton Civil Parish and Nantland Civil Parish. The bounday post is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.
PH OF KENDAL