North Blyth Township, 1848
BLYTH, NORTH, a township, in the parish and division of Bedlington, union of Morpeth, N. division of Northumberland, 8½ miles (E.S.E.) from Morpeth; containing 123 inhabitants. The village is situated on a peninsula upon the northern side of the river Blyth, opposite to the port and town of South Blyth, and is chiefly inhabited by fishermen and pilots. The manufacture of salt and of earthenware was formerly carried on to a considerable extent, but has been wholly discontinued. There are several store-houses for corn, and a quay. A little to the north-east of the village is a large cluster of rocks, called the Row-cars, which appear at low-water mark, though there are five fathoms of water close to the ledge.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.