Topics > Northumberland > Civil Parishes in Northumberland > Hedgeley Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Hedgeley Civil Parish

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Hedgeley Civil Parish


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Hedgeley Civil Parish, Northumberland, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Notes
Archway and Gates Stable Block and Attached Wall to North East of Shawdon Hall 1374397 II    
Attached Garden Wall to North East of Bolton Hall 1366616 II    
Bolton Chapel 1055775 II    
Bolton Hall 1055758 II    
Bolton Mill House 1371094 II    
Bridge over River Aln 470 Metres North West of West Brizlee 1371086 II    
Coach House and Stables North of Greenfield Cottage 1374221 II    
Crawley Tower with Cottage Inside 1057698  II* C14th Near Powburn. Pele tower.
Dean House Farmhouse 1371091 II    
Dovecote and Adjacent Outbuilding East of Dean House Farmhouse 1055765 II    
Dovecote and Attached Yard Walls to North of Titlington Mount Farmhouse 1371098 II   Titlington Mount
Dovecote Henhouse and Attached Shelter Shed on South Side of Road 1041959 II    
East Lodge and gate screen (Shawdon Hall) 1041967 II    
Field House 1374218 II    
Garden Wall to North West of Hedgeley Hall 1371095 II    
Garden Wall to South West of Bolton Hall 1371093 II    
Garden Walls with Attached Outbuildings 200 Metres South East of Shawdon Hall 1038332 II    
Gate Piers and Screen Walls to East of Bolton Hall 1041958 II    
Gate Screen to Titlington Hall 1031913 II    
Greenfield Cottage 1041963 II    
Guide Post East of Road Junction North East of Bolton Village 1057692 II    
Guide Post on West Side of Road Junction 400 Metres North of Hedgeley Hall 1039115 II    
Ha Ha Wall to South of Shawdon Hall 1041966 II    
Hall Headstone 7 Metres South of the Chancel of Bolton Chapel 1041956 II    
Hedgeley Hall with Screen Wall to South West 1057652 II    
Hedgely West Cottages and Linking Walls 1041954 II    
Jennys Lantern on Hilltop 1.4 Kilometres South West of East Bolton Farm 1041960 II C18th

Titlington

Laundry Cottage on West of Stableyard North of Shawdon Hall 1041965 II    
Low Hedgeley Farmhouse 1041961 II    
Main Group of Farmbuildings to North East of Low Hedgeley Farmhouse 1039108 II    
Milepost 370 Metres North of Junction with Road to Glanton 1041953 II    
Milepost 520 Metres South of Percy Cross 1371090 II    
Old Smithy to East of Main Farmbuilding Group 1041962 II    
Outbuilding to West of Bolton Hall 1041957 II    
Percys Cross with Enclosing Wall and Railings 1041952  II* C15th After Battle of Hedgeley Moor, 1464
Plough Inn with Outbuilding to North 1041964 II C18th Powburn
Ruins of Screen Wall and End Pavilions to South of Hermitage 1041968 II    
Screen Wall and Gate Piers at West Entrance to Shawdon Hall 1038314 II    
Shawdon Hall 1038949  II* 1779 Shawdon
Shelter Sheds to North East of Main Farmbuilding Group 1371096 II    
Shelter Sheds to North of Titlington Mount Farmhouse 1041929 II   Titlington Mount
Stable Range to East of Dean House Farmhouse 1041955 II    
Stable Range to North East of Titlington Hall 1041969 II    
Titlington Hall 1038290 II 1824 Titlington
West Lodge at Shawdon Hall 1371097 II    
Percy's Cross, Beanley 1006578 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Romano-British enclosed settlement on Beanley Moor, 800m south-east of Broomhouse 1011548 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Round cairn, 50m south of Titlington Pike 1011549 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Defended settlement on Beanley Moor 780m east of Beanley South Side Farm 1011550 n/a   Scheduled Monument
The Ringses camp, group of burial mounds and two cairns, Beanley Moor 1006594 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Earthwork at Crawley Tower 1006599 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Defended settlement, 750m east of Titlington Hall Farm 1007445 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Romano-British enclosed settlement, 800m NW of East Bolton 1007446 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Defended settlement, 400m west of Titlington Mount 1007447 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Round cairn, 190m south-east of Titlington Pike 1007448 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Round cairn, 78m south-east of Titlington Pike 1007449 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Round cairn on Titlington Pike 1007450 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Medieval farmstead, 500m ENE of Titlington Mount 1007451 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Romano-British farmstead on Beanley Moor, 500m SSE of Broom House 1007452 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Multivallate defended settlement, 350m north-east of Wood House 1007453 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Romano-British enclosed settlement and hut-circles on Beanley Moor, 650m south-east of Broomhouse 1007454 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Cup and ring marked rock, 1km south-west of East Bolton 1007519 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Romano-British farmstead 1km south-west of East Bolton 1007520 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Bolton leper hospital 1008838 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Defended settlement, Romano-British settlement and field system 100m south and east of Jenny's Lantern 1008839 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Ancient settlement Hunterheugh Crags 1006476 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Alnwick Castle - grounds  (listing includes Hulne Park) 1001041  I C19th Listed Park and Garden. Hulne Park is partly in this parish

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings and Keys to the Past.

Crawley Tower, near Powburn
  Co-Curate Page
Crawley Tower, near Powburn
- Crawley Tower was built early in the 14th century with a licence to crenelate being granted in 1343.
Shawdon Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Shawdon Hall
The Plough, Powburn
  Co-Curate Page
The Plough, Powburn
Jenny's Lantern, near Titlington
  Co-Curate Page
Jenny's Lantern, near Titlington
Titlington Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Titlington Hall
- Overview Map Street View Tiltington Hall is a large country house at Titlington, built in 1824 for W.M. Pawson.[1] This replaced an earlier house here which was built in 1745 ...
Percy's Cross (between Powburn & Wooperton)
  Co-Curate Page
Percy's Cross (between Powburn & Wooperton)
- This is a 15th century wayside cross, located close to the A697 road between Powburn and Wooperton in Northumberland. The cross commemorates Sir Ralph Percy who was killed near here in ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES