Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
TITLINGTON, a township, in the parish of Eglingham, union of Alnwick, N. division of Coquetdale ward and of Northumberland, 7¼ miles (W. by N.) from Alnwick; containing 70 inhabitants. It lies east of the road between Morpeth and Wooler, at the southern extremity of the parish; and between it and Crawley is a high hill called Titlington Pike. The vicarial tithes have been commuted for £54. 0. 6., and the impropriate for £24. 9.