Lanton, Northumberland


Lanton in Northumberland is a small settlement located by the River Glen about 4 miles north-west of Wooler and half a mile west of Coupland. The Lanton Monument on Lanton Hill is a prominent landmark, built by Alexander Davison in dedication to his brother, John Davison of Lanton, in 1827.

from Geograph (geograph)
Lanton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Lanton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.gatehouse-gazett...
Lanton Towers
- "The tower at Lanton, first mentioned in 1369, was destroyed in 1496 by James VI but later restored. By 1715 it was again in ruins (Bates 1891). The remains consist ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES