Description"The tower at Lanton, first mentioned in 1369, was destroyed in 1496 by James VI but later restored. By 1715 it was again in ruins (Bates 1891). The remains consist of a 2.9m high mound of earth and stones, with traces of a rectangular building...."
LicenseWhat does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
Further informationLink: http://www.gatehouse-gazetteer.info/English%20sites/2539.html
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 11 months ago
Viewed: 982 times
Picture Taken: Unknown