Topics > Northumberland > Civil Parishes in Northumberland > Widdrington Village Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Widdrington Village CP

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Widdrington Village CP


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Widdrington Village Civil Parish, Northumberland, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Notes
Cartshed, Shelter Sheds and Pigsties to North West of Hemscott Hill 1156452 II C19th Hemscott Hill Farm
Druridge Bay Pillbox 1471214 II c.1941 Hemscott Hill. Disguised as a ruined cottage.
Church of the Holy Trinity 1371045  I C12th  
Craister and Taylor Headstones 4 Metres South East of Holy Trinity Church Porch 1156467 II    
Druridge Farmhouse 1042102 II    
Farm Buildings and Attached Yard Walls to North East of Druridge Farmhouse 1156441 II    
Group of 6 Table Tombs to South of Holy Trinity Church 1371046 II    
Hemscott Hill Farmhouse 1042103 II c.1840  
Mitford Headstone 11 Metres East of Holy Trinity Church Porch 1042104 II    
Widdrington War Memorial 1442834 II 1920 In the churchyard of Holy Trinity Church.
Widdrington Castle and 18th century Gothic castle and gardens south of Widdrington Farm 1014770 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Low Chibburn medieval preceptory, 16th century house and World War II pillbox 1014679 n/a C16th Scheduled Monument

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings and Keys to the Past.

Widdrington Village Civil Parish War Memorial, Widdrington Village Medieval Preceptory, Low Chibburn Farmhouse, Hemscott Hill Pillbox, Hemscott Hill Church of the Holy Trinity, Widdrington
Church of the Holy Trinity, Widdrington
  Co-Curate Page
Church of the Holy Trinity, Widdrington
- Overview Map Holy Trinity is a parish church located to the south of Widdrington Village and about 1 mile north-east of Widdrington Station. The church was built in the late ...
Medieval Preceptory,  Low Chibburn
  Co-Curate Page
Medieval Preceptory, Low Chibburn
- In Low Chibburn, near Widdrington, are the remains of a preceptory (monestary) of the Knights Hospitallers. The buildings stood beside the Dunbar Burn, a small stream, used to feed a ...
Pillbox, Hemscott Hill
  Co-Curate Page
Pillbox, Hemscott Hill
- Overview Map Street View A Second World War pillbox, disguised as a small ruined house at Druridge Bay near the Links at Hemscott Hill. Druridge Bay was identified as a potential ...
Farmhouse, Hemscott Hill
  Co-Curate Page
Farmhouse, Hemscott Hill
- Overview Map Street View The farmhouse at Hemscott Hill Farm was built in c.1840. The farm is a short distance from the beach at Druridge Bay. It is Grade II ...
War Memorial, Widdrington Village
  Co-Curate Page
War Memorial, Widdrington Village
- The war memorial in Widdrington Village is located in the churchyard of Holy Trinity Church. The memorial cross was unveiled on the 28th of November 1920 by Colonel Taylor DSO ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES