Topics > Northumberland > Civil Parishes in Northumberland > Netherwitton Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Netherwitton Civil Parish

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Netherwitton Civil Parish


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Netherwitton Civil Parish, Northumberland, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Notes
Barn with Gingang Adjoining East End of Townhead Farmhouse 1042877 II    
Church of St Giles 1042909  II* C1th Netherwitton
Claverings Cross 1370644 II    
Coachmans House and Adjacent Buildings North of Netherwitton Hall 1304058 II    
Cottage 100 Metres North-East of Netherwitton Hall 1370641 II    
Crossford Bridge over River Font 1370623 II    
Farmbuildings to the North of Witton Shields Farmhouse 1154027 II    
Folly 110 Metres West of Netherwitton Hall 1042873 II    
Game Larder 60 Metres North of Netherwitton Hall 1042871 II    
Garden and Yard Walls West of Witton Shields Tower 1154042 II    
Garden House 1153902 II    
Gate Piers and Screen Walls to South-East of Netherwitton Hall 1370642 II    
Ha-Ha to South of Netherwitton Hall 1042872 II    
Longwitton Hall 1042907 II C18th Longwitton
Netherwitton Bridge over River Font 1153913 II C18th Netherwitton
Netherwitton Farmhouse 1042910 II   Netherwitton
Netherwitton Hall 1042911  I 1685 Netherwitton Country house by Robert Trollope
Netherwitton Mill 1304053 II 1794 Netherwitton Former wool mill
Netherwitton Village Cross in Garden of Font House 1042874 II   Netherwitton
Netherwitton War Memorial 1407348 II c.1920 Netherwitton
Selby House Farmhouse and Adjacent Outbuilding 1042876 II    
Southwitton House 1042908 II    
Stable Block North-West of Longwitton Hall 1153909 II    
Stable Range North-East of Netherwitton Hall 1042912 II    
Stanton Old Hall 1370645 II   Stanton
Townhead Farmhouse and Adjacent Outbuilding to North-West 1304023 II    
Wall on South Side of Walled Garden North-West Netherwitton Hall 1370643 II    
Wellhouse in Garden 30 Metres South-West of Font House 1042875 II    
Witton Shields Tower 1042878 II 1608 Witton Shields
Round cairn, 230m south of Netherwitton Hall 1014730 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Round cairn, 400m north west of Bellion Farm 1014057 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Round cairn, 700m NNW of Bellion Farm 1014058 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Round cairn, 750m north west of Bellion Farm 1014059 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Two defended settlements, 200m north of Gallowshaw 1014060 n/a   Scheduled Monument

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings and Keys to the Past.

Netherwitton Civil Parish Church of St. Giles, Netherwitton Netherwitton Hall War Memorial, Netherwitton Netherwitton Mill Bridge over River Font, Netherwitton Longwitton Hall Witton Shields
Church of St. Giles, Netherwitton
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St. Giles, Netherwitton
- Overview Map Street View St Giles is the Parish Church in Netherwitton and dates from the 12th century, with subsequent alterations. The Church is Grade II* listed on the National ...
Netherwitton Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Netherwitton Hall
- Overview About Netherwitton Hall Map Street View Netherwitton Hall is a grand country House, built in 1685, by Robert Trollope for Sir Nicholas Thornton.[1] It is located to the north ...
Bridge over River Font, Netherwitton
  Co-Curate Page
Bridge over River Font, Netherwitton
Netherwitton Mill
  Co-Curate Page
Netherwitton Mill
War Memorial, Netherwitton
  Co-Curate Page
War Memorial, Netherwitton
Longwitton Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Longwitton Hall
Witton Shields
  Co-Curate Page
Witton Shields
- Overview Map Witton Shields is a farm and hamlet in Northumberland. It is located just over half a mile west of the larer hamlet of Stanton and is today part ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES