Guyzance District, 1848
GUYSON, or Guyzance, an extra-parochial district, in the union of Alnwick, E. division of Coquetdale ward, N. division of Northumberland, 8½ miles (S. by E.) from Alnwick; containing, with Brainshaugh, 205 inhabitants. A priory was founded here some time in the twelfth century, by Richard Tyson, and afterwards annexed to the abbey of Alnwick, by Eustace Fitz-John; its revenue, in the Lincoln taxation of temporalities, was valued at £3. 15. 4. per annum. The place is the property of the Duke of Northumberland. The river Coquet winds in a very devious course on the south of the village, which is of neat appearance; and about a mile distant is Bank House, a handsome mansion, embosomed in plantations.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.