Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Garsdale Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Garsdale Civil Parish

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Garsdale Civil Parish


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Garsdale Civil Parish, Cumbria, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Note
Badger Dub and Stable or Shippon Attached to South West 1384006  II* C18th Farmhouse. C19th modifications.
Badger Dub Cottage 1384007 II    
Banks and Attached Barn to West 1384010 II    
Banks Bridge 1384009 II    
Barn 30 Metres North East of Swarth Gill House 1384052 II    
Barn Approximately 10 Metres South East of East Rackenthwaite 1384020 II    
Barn Approximately 25 Metres to South West of Garsdale Hall 1384023 II    
Barn Approximately 30 Metres South of Dandra Garth 1384015 II    
Barn Approximately 4 Metres North of Clough Farmhouse 1384057 II    
Barn Approximately 60 Metres South West of Dandra Garth 1384016 II    
Barn on East Side of Entrance to Low House Farm 1384033 II    
Bens Bridge (East Paradise) 1384011 II    
Birkrigg and Attached Barn to East 1384012 II    
Bridge over Grisdale Beck Approximately 50 Metres East of East Scale Farmhouse 1384001 II    
Church of St John the Baptist 1384013 II 1860 On the site of an earlier church.
Clough Farmhouse 1384056 II    
Coach House Opposite Garsdale Hall 1384024 II    
Dandra Garth 1384014  II* C17th Large farmhouse
Dandrymire Viaduct 1384058 II 1875 Settle and Carlisle Railway 
East Coat Weggs Bridge 1384017 II    
East Little Town 1384018 II    
East Rackenthwaite and Adjoining Barn 1384019  II* C16th Farmhouse
East Scale Farmhouse with Outbuilding Attached to West 1384002 II    
Fea Fow 1384003 II    
Former Stable Attached to South West Corner of Low House Farmhouse 1384034 II    
Garden Shelter Approximately 50 Metres South West of Low House 1384035 II    
Garsdale Hall and Attached Barn to East 1384022 II    
Garsdale Signal Box 1412055 II 1910 Garsdale Railway Station
Garsdale Street Chapel 1384025 II 1841 Built as Primitive Methodist chapel
High Scale Farmhouse with Attached Stable to West and Barn to East 1384026 II    
Hind Keld East 1384027 II    
Hind Keld West 1384028 II    
Ingheads 1384029 II    
Kirk Bridge 1384030 II    
Lindsey Fold Farmhouse 1384031 II    
Low House and Barn Attached to Rear 1384032 II    
Low House Bridge 1384036 II    
Low Scale 1384037 II    
Low Scar and Barn Attached to East 1384038 II    
Milestone (Sedbergh 3) Approximately 10 Metres East of Nether House (Not Included) 1384039 II    
Milestone (Sedbergh 4) Approximately 20 Metres West of Bellow Hill Turn 1384040 II    
Milestone (Sedbergh 6) Approximately 75 Metres West of Kirk Bridge 1384041 II    
Milestone (Sedbergh 7) Approximately 10 Metres West of East Little Town 1384042 II    
Milestone (Sedbergh 8) Approximately 5 Metres East of Scar Foot Bridge 1384043 II    
Milestone (Sedbergh 9) Approximately 250 Metres East of Harding Bridge (Not Included) 1384044 II    
Mill Bridge to North East of Raygill 1384045 II    
Potgill House 1384046 II    
Privy and Store Approximately 5 Metres South West of East Rackenthwaite 1384021 II    
Privy Approximately 5 Metres East of Badger Dub 1384008 II    
Railway Bridge Approximately 200 Metres North of Dandrymire Viaduct 1384059 II 1875 Settle and Carlisle Railway
Raygill Farmhouse 1384047 II    
Reachey Farmhouse 1384004 II    
Scar Foot Bridge 1384048 II    
Slack House and Attached Barn 1384049 II    
Smithy Chapel to South East of Blades 1384050 II    
Swarth Gill 1384051 II    
Thrush Gill and Attached Barns to East and West 1384053 II    
West Coat Weggs 1384054 II    
West Little Town and Barn Attached to West 1384055 II    
West Scale 1384005 II    

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries. Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings.

Garsdale Civil Parish Dandrymire Viaduct Garsdale Street Chapel Signal Box, Garsdale Railway Station Church of St John the Baptist, Garsdale
Church of St John the Baptist, Garsdale
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St John the Baptist, Garsdale
- Overview Map Street View St John the Baptist's Church in Garsdale was built in 1860, replacing an earlier church on this site. The church is Grade II listed on the ...
Garsdale Street Chapel
  Co-Curate Page
Garsdale Street Chapel
- Overview Map Street View This Methodist chapel is located on Hawes Road (A684) in Garsdale (the settlement along the road is known as 'The Street'). It was built in 1841 as a ...
from Geograph (geograph)
Dandra Garth

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Signal Box, Garsdale Railway Station
  Co-Curate Page
Signal Box, Garsdale Railway Station
Dandrymire Viaduct
  Co-Curate Page
Dandrymire Viaduct
- Overview History Map Street View Dandrymire Viaduct carries the Settle and Carlisle Railway line over Dandry Mire, a short distance north-east of Garsdale Station. The coursed sandstone viaduct is about ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES