Topics > Cumbria > Distington > Church of the Holy Spirit, Distington

Church of the Holy Spirit, Distington


The Church of the Holy Spirit is the parish church in Distington. It was built in 1886 by Hay & Henderson, replacing an earlier medieval church here. The Church of the Holy Spirit is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

Distington Historic Buildings and Monuments in Distington Civil Parish Churches and Cathedrals 1886
from Geograph (geograph)
The Church of the Holy Spirit, Distington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Church of the Holy Spirit, Distington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Lychgate, The Church of the Holy Spirit, Distington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Distington Church.

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF THE HOLY SPIRIT - Distington - List Entry
- "Parish Church, 1886 by Hay & Henderson replacing medieval church. Snecked rubble with quoins on chamfered plinth; stepped buttressing. Steeply pitched graduated slate roofs with stone copings, kneelers, and apex crosses; decorative ridge tiles. Corniced stone octagonal chimney to north side ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1137112
List grade: 2
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: NY0042723600

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES