CHURCH OF THE HOLY SPIRIT - Distington - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish Church, 1886 by Hay & Henderson replacing medieval church. Snecked rubble with quoins on chamfered plinth; stepped buttressing. Steeply pitched graduated slate roofs with stone copings, kneelers, and apex crosses; decorative ridge tiles. Corniced stone octagonal chimney to north side of chancel. 4-bay nave, 2-bay chancel with low tower offset to south. 3 lancets to west end with cinquefoil above. South porch, with moulded, pointed arch...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1137112
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 months ago
    Viewed: 21 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES