List number: 1139614
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NZ6085224978
Post code: TS10 3JF

Church of St Peter, Redcar


St Peter's church in Redcar was originally consecrated by the Archbishop of York in 1829 as a 'Chapel of Ease' of the parish of Marske. In 1835 a clock was added to the church paid for by a local resident, Mrs Walton.The clock only has two faces, one to the north and the other to the west, as at that time there were only open fields to the south. The church was extended in 1848 to cater for growth in the population of Redcar. In 1867 St Peter’s was established as an independent Parish of Redcar. In 1926 there was another extension; the Lady Chapel, Chancel and children’s chapel.[1] The church is a Grade II listed building.

from Geograph (geograph)
St. Peters, the parish Church of Redcar

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St. Peter's Church, Redcar

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST PETER - Redcar - List Entry
- "Church 1822/28, by Ignatius Bonomi; 5th bay of nave, 1848; chancel, chapels and vestries, 1899/1929 by Moscrop. Restored and altered by R. Simms 1978. Dressed sandstone. Welsh slate ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.stpeterschurchre...
Saint Peter's Church, Redcar
- Official Website of the church, which includes a section on the history of the church.

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES