Topics > Tees Valley > Upleatham > Church of St Andrew's

Church of St Andrew's


St Andrew's Church in Upleatham was built in 1836 and desighned by Ignatius Bonomi. It replaced the ancient parish church, which was located away from the village. Some of the medieval stained glass, font and bell from the Old Church of St Andrew were included in the new church. St Andrew's Church is a Grafe II listed building.

"The church [in Upleatham] was rebuilt in 1836, at an expense of £450, by subscription, towards which the lord of the manor contributed £200, the late archbishop £100, and the Incorporated Society £75; it is a neat structure in the Norman style." (Samuel Smailes, 1848).
Upleatham Old Church of St Andrew's Historic Buildings and Monuments in Redcar and Cleveland 1836 Churches and Cathedrals Ignatius Bonomi (1787 - 1870) Upleatham Parish, 1848
from Geograph (geograph)
Upleatham

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Old Church of St Andrew's
  Co-Curate Page
Old Church of St Andrew's
- Overview Map Street View  
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW - Upleatham - List Entry
- "Church, 1835, by Ignatius Bonomi (Durham). North extension of 1877. Dressed sandstone; Welsh slate roof. Neo-Norman style. West tower and nave with rectangular recess at east end for altar. Tower ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1159780
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NZ6324419439
District: Tees Valley

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES