CHURCH OF ST ANDREW - Upleatham - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church, 1835, by Ignatius Bonomi (Durham). North extension of 1877. Dressed sandstone; Welsh slate roof. Neo-Norman style. West tower and nave with rectangular recess at east end for altar. Tower of 3 stages with angle buttresses to lower 2 stages ....South-east window has medieval glass from Old Church of St. Andrew. Glass by A.S. Thomson & Co. (Leeds), 1894, in south window. Timber barrel roof. Square Norman font (on mid C19 base) with engaged colonnettes at angles, scalloped capitals and cushion bases. Each side panel carved with diaper or star ornamentation in varied forms, and top edge chamfered on underside. One bell from Old Church of St. Andrew, in belfry....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1159780
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 304 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES