List number: 1323689
List grade: 2
Keys to the Past HER: D36347
Post code: DH9 0PA
Grid ref: NZ1962953213

Church of St Andrew, Stanley


St Andrew's Church is located on Church Bank / Joicey Gardens in Stanley, County Durham. The church was built 1876 - 1877, and designed by J. G. Holt of Manchester. The tower was added in 1931.[1] The Church is a Grade II listed building.

from Geograph (geograph)
The Church of St Andrew, Stanley

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St.Andrew's Church, Stanley,Co.Durham

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St Andrew's Church, Stanley

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Cemetery, Stanley

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St Andrew's Church, Stanley

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://www.historicengland...
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW - Stanley - List Entry
- "Church. 1876-7, tower added 1931. Designed by J G Holt of Manchester. Rock faced stone with ashlar dressings and slate roofs with ashlar coped gables. Original chancel, nave, north aisle ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.keystothepast.in...
St. Andrew's Church, Church Bank, Stanley (formerly Beamish Parish Church)
- "Church. 1876-7, tower added 1931. Designed by J G Holt of Manchester. Rock faced stone with ashlar dressings and slate roofs with ashlar coped gables. Original chancel, nave, north aisle ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES