Brow Edge (near Backbarrow)
The hamlets of Low Brow Edge and High Brow Edge in the South Lakeland district of Cumbria are located a short distance south of Backbarrow and close to Bigland Hall. There was once a school here. Presumably School House Farm here is either the former school building or named after it. Brow Edge is within the Civil Parish of Backbarrow and Haverthwaite. Historically, it was part of Lancashire.
Brow Edge (mixed), endowed with £48 yearly, chiefly derived from land left by George Bigland esq. in 1686; the school was rebuilt in 1874, for 96 children; average attendance, 80.
Extract from: Kelly's Directory of Lancashire, 1905