Blennerhasset is a village in the Allerdale district of Cumbria. It is located by the River Ellen, about 2 miles east of Aspatria and 6 miles south-west of Wigton. Historically, the village was part of the township of Blennerhasset with Kirkland in the ancient Parish of Torpenhow in Cumberland. Today, it forms part of the Civil Parish of Blennerhasset and Torpenhow.
BLENNERHASSET, with Kirkland, a township, in the parish of Torpenhow, union of Wigton, Allerdale ward below Derwent, W. division of Cumberland, 8¼ miles (S.W.) from Wigton; containing 224 inhabitants. A meeting-house here for Independents was rebuilt in 1828.