Bewick House, Bewick Street
Thomas Bewick House on Bewick Street in Newcastle was originally built in 1884 by Austin and Johnson, as offices for the Tyne Improvement Commission. In 911, three additional floors were added to the building by W.H. Wood. The building was used as offices for the Port of Tyne Authority for many years. Then in 2006 the Adderstone Group restored and converted the building into 18 residential apartments and a ground floor bar/restaurant. Bewick House is a Grade II listed building.