Description"In the foreground is []. The statue stands on the end of a stone plinth representing the shape of Lindisfarne. The text on the boulder plinth on the left is Caedmon's Hymn from the C7th, the earliest Christian poem in Old English. Sculptor, Nigel Boonham, took inspiration for the garden design from its translation [] http://www.stmaryscathedral.org.uk/history_architecture/hume_memorial/ At the right is Neville Street, almost opposite Central Station. On the left, opens Bewick Square leading to Forth Lane at its junction with Pink Lane []. There is a photo looking up Bewick Street here [] The ground floor of Bewick House is due to open as a restaurant and bar to be called 'The Town Wall'. The building was built in 1884 by Austin and Johnson, to provide offices for the Tyne Improvement Commission [] In 1911, W.H. Wood added the upper three floors. Tyne and Wear HER(8902): Newcastle, Bewick Street, Bewick House http://www.twsitelines.info To the right is Gunner House []" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2205594
Resource type: Image
Added by: Peter Smith
Last modified: 3 years, 5 months ago
Viewed: 231 times
Picture Taken: 2010-12-21