1824


< 1823 | 1824 | 1825 >

National:

  • Vagrancy Act of 1824 was a law making vagrancy a criminal offence.
from http://books.google.co.uk/b...
A Collection of Original Local Songs. Robert Gilchrist, 1824
- Lyrics of local songs published in 1824, digitised and available as a free Google eBook.

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
055509:Proposed Bridge North Shields unknown 1824

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.twsitelines.info...
HER(6055): Houghton-le-Spring, Union Workhouse
- "Shown on 1st edition Ordnance Survey map. Built on William Street in 1824. Rebuilt in 1877 at a cost of £11,000. It could accommodate 203 destitute wives, children and ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
Blackheddon Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Blackheddon Hall
- Former manor house in&nbsp;Black Heddon, Northumberland. Built in 1824, this is a Grade 2 Listed Building.
Longhirst Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Longhirst Hall
- Overview Map Street View Longhirst Hall near Morpeth in Northumberland was built in 1824. It was designed by John Dobson for the land owner, William Lawson, who became wealthy from ...
Cresswell Hall (former)
  Co-Curate Page
Cresswell Hall (former)
- Cresswell Hall, built 1821-4, had become structurally unsound and was demolished in 1937. In Hall Woods, stand the grand Stable Block and arched stone Gallery which flanked the approach to ...
Stowell Street, Newcastle
  Co-Curate Page
Stowell Street, Newcastle
- Overview Map Street View Stowell Street in Newcastle was originally built in 1824&nbsp;with new residential town houses, and to provide a route through the Blackfriars precinct. The street was named ...
Nos. 34-46 Stowell Street, Newcastle
  Co-Curate Page
Nos. 34-46 Stowell Street, Newcastle
- Overview Map Street View Nos. 34-46 are the only remaining original buildings from when Stowell Street was first built c.1824.[1] The buildings now house a number of restaurants.
Church of St Mary, Rydal
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Mary, Rydal
- Overview Map Street View St Mary's is the parish church in Rydal. It was originally built as a chapel-of-ease in 1824, under the patronage of Lady le Fleming of Rydal ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES