Wooler Prisoner of War Camp (Camp 105)
Wooler P.O.W. camp was located on Brewery Lane in Wooler, Northumberland - designated Camp 105. The camp had 4 main lines of huts, designed to accommodate about 600 prisoners. In addition the camp had satelite hostels at Low Lynn, Embleton, Rothbury, Whittingham, Seaton Delaval, Cornhill and Druridge Bay. Also, in 1947, the POW camp at Darras Hall was re-designatedas a Wooler satellite. The site on Brewery Road was later redeveloped amd used for Glendale County Secondary School, which was constructed 1951-3.