West Pelton


West Pelton is a village in County Durham, located about 6 miles north of Durham City and 1 mile west of Pelton. The village originally developed in association with coal mining in the mid 19th century, West Pelton Colliery opened c.1858 and there were numerous other collieries in the area. St Paul's Church, the Parish Church in West Pelton, was built in 1879. Nearby villages include Grange Villa, Beamish, High Hold, and Newfield.

from Geograph (geograph)
Sign beside road entering West Pelton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Twizell Lane, West Pelton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Eden Hill Vets West Pelton County Durham

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St Paul's Church, West Pelton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of St. Paul, West Pelton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Beamish (Village)
  Co-Curate Page
Beamish (Village)
Pelton
  Co-Curate Page
Pelton
- Overview About Pelton Map Street View Pelton is a village in County Durham located about 2 miles north-west of Chester-le-Street and 3 miles east of Stanley. The village forms part ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES