List number: 1438695
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NT9300249892

War Memorial, Horncliffe


The war memorial in Horncliffe, Northumberland, was unveiled on the 19th September, 1920 by Field Marshall Viscount Allenby, and dedicated by Reverend W.W. Charlton. The memorial commemorates 16 local servicemen who died in the First World War. The name of a further serviceman was added after the Second World War. The memorial originally stood outside the Presbyterian Church on Main Street, but was relocated to outside the United Reformed Church in 2004, following conversion of the former into residential use.[1] The memorial is Grade II listed.

from Geograph (geograph)
Horncliffe war memorial

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
War Memorial, Horncliffe

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Horncliffe War Memorial

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Refurbished War Memorial

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
Horncliffe War Memorial
- "....The memorial was unveiled on 19 September 1920 by Field Marshall Viscount Allenby and dedicated by Reverend WW Charlton (Allenby’s brother lived locally and the Field Marshal was visiting ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.newmp.org.uk/det...
Horncliffe - Cross 1914-18 1939-45 Roadside
- Details of the memorial and list of names inscribed.

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES