Topics > Northumberland > Civil Parishes in Northumberland > Horncliffe Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Horncliffe Civil Parish

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Horncliffe Civil Parish


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Horncliffe Civil Parish, Northumberland, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Notes
Gatepiers and Screen Walls at East Lodge to Longridge Tower 1370958 II    
Gatepiers, Wall and Railings by the Lodge to Horncliffe House 1042212 II    
Horncliffe House 1042252  II*    
Horncliffe Mains Farmhouse 1042213 II    
Horncliffe War Memorial 1438695 II 1920  
Lodge to Horncliffe House 1370977 II    
Longridge Tower 1154722 II 1876 Country house, later a school
Milepost by East Lodge to Longridge Tower 1154746 II    
The Hollies 1370979 II    
Union Suspension Bridge (That Part in England) 1042214  I 1820 Border bridge over the River Tweed
Wall and Gateway Attached to East of Horncliffe House 1042211 II    
Wall and Railings South of Horncliffe House 1370978 II    
Horncliffe fort 1006435 n/a   Scheduled Monument

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings and Keys to the Past.

Horncliffe Civil Parish Longridge Towers School Union Chain Bridge War Memorial, Horncliffe
Union Chain Bridge
  Co-Curate Page
Union Chain Bridge
- Overview About The Union Chain Bridge Map Street View The Union Chain Bridge spans the River Tweed between Horncliffe in England and Fishwick in Scotland. The bridge was built  for ...
War Memorial, Horncliffe
  Co-Curate Page
War Memorial, Horncliffe
- Overview Map Street View The war memorial in Horncliffe, Northumberland, was unveiled on the 19th September, 1920 by Field Marshall Viscount Allenby, and dedicated by Reverend W.W. Charlton. The memorial ...
Longridge Towers School
  Co-Curate Page
Longridge Towers School
- Overview About Longridge Towers School Map Longridge Towers, located about 3 miles south-west of Berwick-upon-Tweed, was built in 1876 as a country house mansion for Sir Hubert Jerningham. Over time ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES