Topics > Cumbria > Greystoke > Village Cross, Greystoke

Village Cross, Greystoke


The red sandstone village cross stands on an octagonal plinth on a green in Greystoke. It was probably built in the 17th century (first mentioned in documents in 1623). The village cross is a Grade II listed structure.
Greystoke Historic Buildings and Monuments in Greystoke Civil Parish
from Flickr (flickr)
Village Cross, Greystoke, England

Pinned by Edmund Anon
from Flickr (flickr)
THE ANCIENT CROSS OF GREYSTOKE

Pinned by Edmund Anon
from Geograph (geograph)
Old Central Cross

Pinned by Edmund Anon
from Geograph (geograph)
Market Cross - Greystoke

Pinned by Edmund Anon
from https://historicengland.org...
VILLAGE CROSS - Greystoke - List Entry
- "Village cross. Probably C17 on C19 plinth. Red sandstone. Octagonal plinth of 5 steps, the 2 top ones original, surmounted by square base and tapered chamfered shaft with floriated cross ...

Added by
Edmund Anon

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1326705
List grade: 2
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: NY4401230870

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES