Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Greystoke Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Greystoke Civil Parish

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Greystoke Civil Parish


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Greystoke Civil Parish, Cumbria, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Notes
5, Church Road 1326704 II    
Alms Table South of Church of St Andrew 1145519 II    
Barn West of Johnby Hall Farmhouse 1210408 II    
Blencow Hall Farmhouse and Gatehouse Wing 1145492  I C15th Little Blencow
Blencow Methodist Chapel 1145493 II 1877 Little Blencow
Boot and Shoe Inn, Former Stables 1145520 II    
Bushby House 1210261 II    
Byres and Barn South East of Home Farmhouse 1145485 II    
Chapel, Now Barn, North West of Blencow Hall Farmhouse 1290482 II    
Church of St Andrew 1210233  II* C13th Greystoke
Church View 1210268 II    
Clock Tower North West of Greystoke Castle 1326707 II    
Crossways 1290557 II    
Garden Wall and Gateway in Front of the Garth 1145487 II    
Garden Wall and Gateways North West of Greystoke Castle 1145523 II    
Gatepiers and Garden Wall North East of Greystoke Castle 1210332 II    
Ghyll House 1145522 II    
Greenthwaite Hall Cottage 1145515  II*    
Greystoke Castle 1290545  II* C14th Castle rebuilt C18th as a country house
Greystoke Primary School 1145488 II    
Home Farmhouse 1210337 II    
Implement Store/Workshop North West of Home Farmhouse 1145524 II    
Inglenook Cottage 1210183 II    
Johnby Bank and Barn Adjoining 1210406 II    
Johnby Hall 1326690  II* C14th Johnby. Manor house/pele tower
Johnby Hall Cottage 1145489 II    
Johnby Hall Farmhouse 1145491 II    
Lattendales and Stables Adjoining 1145517 II    
Lattendales Farmhouse and Barn Adjoining 1210219 II    
Layton Manor House 1145516 II    
Little Blencow Farmhouse and Barn Adjoining 1145494 II    
Mid Farmhouse and Barn Adjoining 1210345 II    
Midtown House with Former Stables, Byre and Barn Adjoining 1210430 II    
Motherby House and Barn/Stables Adjoining 1210445 II    
Nettle How 1145495 II    
Poplin Dub and Barn Adjoining 1145521 II    
Post Office and Numbers 1-4 1210227 II    
Rose Bank 1326691 II    
Rose Cottage 1210421 II    
South Lodge and Gateway Adjoining, East of Greystoke Castle 1326689 II    
Stable Block North of Greystoke Castle 1319050 II    
Stable Block South East of Johnby Hall 1145490 II    
Stafford House 1145486 II    
The Garth 1326688 II    
The Old Rectory 1210275 II    
Thorpe Farmhouse, Thorpe Farm Cottage and Barn Adjoining 1326706 II    
Village Cross 1326705 II C17th? Greystoke built before 1623
War Memorial Bridge 1145518 II 1796 Greystoke Widened in 1920 as a war memorial
Watson Farmhouse 1210286  II*    
Moated site west of Greystoke 1012828 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Parts of Johnby medieval village 285m and 540m north west of Johnby Hall 1021145 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Hallsteads moated site 1012821 n/a   Scheduled Monument

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings.

Blencow Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Blencow Hall
Church of St Andrew, Greystoke
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Andrew, Greystoke
- Overview Map Street View  
Johnby Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Johnby Hall
- Johnby Hall is a Tudor manor house built around a late 14th century pele tower. The building has thick pink sandstone rubble walls and has had various extensions and alterations ...
Methodist Chapel, Little Blencow
  Co-Curate Page
Methodist Chapel, Little Blencow
Greystoke Castle
  Co-Curate Page
Greystoke Castle
Duke of Norfolk Bridge, Greystoke
  Co-Curate Page
Duke of Norfolk Bridge, Greystoke
- The Duke of Norfolk Bridge over the River North Petteril at Greystoke was originally built in 1796. The bridge was widened in 1920 in remberance of those who died in the First ...
Village Cross, Greystoke
  Co-Curate Page
Village Cross, Greystoke
- Overview Map Street View The red sandstone village cross stands on an octagonal plinth on a green in Greystoke. It was probably built in the 17th century (first mentioned in ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES