Trewick Township, 1848
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
TREWICK, a township, in the parish of Bolam, union and W. division of Castle ward, S. division of Northumberland, 7½ miles (S.W.) from Morpeth; containing 21 inhabitants. This place was a member of the barony of Bolam, and in 1240 was holden of it by the soccage service of half a mark by Robert de Trewick, of whose family notices continue to occur till the 14th century: of subsequent owners have been the families of Bekering, Loraine, and Middleton. The township occupies the north side of the Blyth river, and comprises 708 acres. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £61. 19., and the vicarial for £9. 9. 6.