THRELKELD, a chapelry, in the parish of Greystock, union of Penrith, Leath ward, E. division of Cumberland, 4½ miles (E.N.E.) from Keswick; containing 332 inhabitants. It comprises 2,200 acres, one third of which is poor pasture and in woodland, and the remainder about equally divided between arable and meadow. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £53; patron, the Earl of Lonsdale. The chapel, dedicated to St. Mary, was rebuilt by subscription in 1776, at a cost of £270.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.