Topics > Cumbria > The Knowe, Bewcastle

The Knowe, Bewcastle


The Knowe is a hamlet in the Civil Parish of Bewcastle, located near Blackpool Gate and roughly 2 miles north-west of the village of Roadhead. On OS maps Knowe is located a short distance east of Blackpool Gate Bridge, and just to the south of the Black Lyne (river). The Knowe United Reform Church is located a short distance north of the river and Blackpool Gate Bridge. There is a war memorial at the church. 

Cumbria Blackpool Gate Bewcastle Civil Parish The Knowe United Reformed Church War Memorial, The Knowe, Bewcastle
from https://ulverscroftponies.c...
The Knowe Bed & Breakfast and Ulverscroft Ponies
- "....The property dates back to 1630 and is situated at the north end of the Bewcastle Valley with views of the fells towards Kielder Forest. We have a Shetland Pony ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Stone circle at the Knowe

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Hill down to the Knowe

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES