Sandford is a village in the Eden district of Cumbria, located about 3 miles south-east of Appleby-in-Westmorland and 4 miles north-west of Brough. The village is situated by the north banks of the River Eden. Sandford forms part of Warcop Civil Parish.
SANDFORD, a hamlet, in the parish of Warcop, East ward and union, county of Westmorland, 4¼ miles (W.N.W.) from Brough. There are several intrenchments and tumuli in the vicinity; the largest of the latter was opened in 1766, and found to contain calcined human bones and some military weapons.