Topics > Tyne and Wear > North Tyneside > Wallsend > Richardson Dees Park, Wallsend

Richardson Dees Park, Wallsend


"In 1897, local solicitor and benefactor Robert Richardson Dees donated fourteen acres of his Hall estate to the Urban District Council for use as a park. The land was the site of the Wallsend C pit. The park was opened on 4th June 1900, yet it would be decades before the name of which changed from Wallsend Park to its current name. G. B. Hunter, shipyard owner, local benefactor and eventual Mayor and Sir, opened the park. The opening saw the largest ever assembly witnessed at a public event in Wallsend. This is a good quality municipal park, which has benefitted from grant funding and improvements in recent years." (North Tyneside Council)

Wallsend Local List 1900 Parks and Gardens
from Flickr (flickr)
ACC 9968 Duffy Memorial Fountain, Richardson Dees Park

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
024248:Wallsend Park Wallsend Tyne and Wear c.1900

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Entrance to Richardson Dees Park

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Bandstand

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Pavilion, Richardson Dees Park

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Pavilion, Richardson Dees Park

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Richardson Dees Park, Wallsend

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Carved Stone

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Richardson Dees Park 13

Pinned by Jess S
from Flickr (flickr)
Richardson Dees Park 02

Pinned by Jess S
from Flickr (flickr)
Richardson Dees Park 07

Pinned by Jess S
from Flickr (flickr)
Richardson Dees Park 11

Pinned by Jess S
from Flickr (flickr)
Richardson Dees Park 18

Pinned by Jess S
from Flickr (flickr)
Richardson Dees Park 16

Pinned by Jess S
from Flickr (flickr)
Richardson Dees Park 09

Pinned by Jess S

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES