The entrance to Maryport harbour

  • Description

    "A lighthouse was established at Maryport in 1796. The lighthouse in view was constructed around 1856 (some say 1846), and is an octagonal cylindrical cast iron tower with lantern, mounted on a 1 storey octagonal stone base. Base unpainted, the tower is painted white and lantern on the top black. So we have an unusual design, a slender column supporting the lantern and stands on a broader base." Photo by Steve Fareham, 2014.
  • Owner

    Steve Fareham
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4036431
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 141 times
    Picture Taken: 2014-06-21
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES