Topics > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > King's Meaburn Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in King's Meaburn Civil Parish

Historic Buildings and Monuments in King's Meaburn Civil Parish

Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in King's Meaburn Civil Parish, Cumbria, from the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Notes
Greystone House and Adjoining Byre to South 1266175 II    
K6 Telephone Kiosk 1227114 II    
King's Meaburn Mill 1390512 II 1811 Former corn mill
Meadow Bank 1225807 II    
Parish Boundary Stone 1225998 II    
Parish Boundary Stone 1225810 II    
Parish Boundary Stone at NGR Ny 646 181 1145436 II    
Peaslands Farmhouse 1225993 II    
Scarcroft Farmhouse with Adjoining Byres and Barn to North 1266115 II    
School 1225808 II 1831 Former village school, now a residence.
Threshing Barn to East of Sycamore House 1266096 II    
Virginia House and Adjoining Byre/Barn 1225809 II    
King's Meaburn medieval settlement, part of its associated medieval open field system and Bessygarth Well 1018935 n/a   Scheduled Monument

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings.

King's Meaburn Civil Parish King's Meaburn Mill Old School, King's Meaburn
King's Meaburn Mill
  Co-Curate Page
King's Meaburn Mill
- Overview Map Former corn mill by the River Lyvennet a short distance south-west of the village of King's Meaburn. The water powered mill was built in 1811. It has now been converted …
Old School, King's Meaburn
  Co-Curate Page
Old School, King's Meaburn
- Overview Map Street View The former village school in King's Meaburn was built having been endowmed with £200 by subscription, in 1831. The school was enlarged in 1907 but eventually …


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.