Old Milepost by the A65, Halfpenny, Holme Parish

  • Description

    "Metal post with attached metal plates by the A65, in parish of HOLME (SOUTH LAKELAND District), Half Penny turn, 150m North West of Storth End farmhouse, on grass verge at T-junction with Cockridge Lane, on East side of road. Winder iron casting, erected by the Heronsyke & Eamont Bridge turnpike trust in the 19th century. Inscription reads:- : BURTON / 7 / MILES : : 1826 : : KENDAL / 4 / MILES : Grade II Listed. List Entry Number: 1137419 https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1137419 Milestone Society National ID: WE_KDBK04." Photo by CF Smith, 2007.
  • Owner

    CF Smith
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6044583
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 months ago
    Viewed: 32 times
    Picture Taken: 2007-03-09
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES