Miss Selfridge, 64-66 Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough


Nos. 64-66 Linthorpe Road in Middlesbrough is a Miss Selfridge store on the corner of Linthorpe Road and Corporation Road. The building was originally built in 1898 as a jewellers for watchmaker Matthew George Collingwood. The building is in a neo-Jacobean style designed by architect Lofthouse & Son.[1] Collingwood came from a clock-making family in Alnwick, he also served as Mayor of Middlesbrough in 1890.[2]

from Flickr (flickr)
Miss Selfridge, 64-66 Linthorpe Road (former jewellers)

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://www.northumberlandg...
Relative from Down Under hunts for clockmaker clues
- Northumberland Gazette 6th May, 2013. ".....Matthew George Collingwood, part of the second generation of Collingwood family clockmakers.......The Collingwood name became associated with the jewellery trade well into the 1960s ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough - c1911 [Painting 4]

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Linthorpe Road - Corporation Road - Middlesbrough

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES