Longhirst


Longhirst Village in Northumberland is located 3 miles north east of Morpeth. From the 19th century up to the mid 20th century the village of Longhirst was dominated by the Lawson and Joicey families. The discovery of coal in the area brought wealth to the Lawson family who held the manorial rights; they built Longhirst Hall, designed John Dobson and completed 1824.

from Geograph (geograph)
St John's Church, Longhirst

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
4 Longhirst Village

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://longhirstvillage.co.uk/
Longhirst Village website
- Village Website with sections: Calendar, Village Hall, Church, Activities, Events, Useful, History & Geography, Longhirst Leader, and Longhirst School

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Telephone box, Longhirst

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.keystothepast.in...
Longhirst (Northumberland)
- "The civil parish of Longhirst lies in south-east Northumberland, approximately 3km north-east of Morpeth, the county town. The parish was formed in 1875. Before this, it was part of the ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from IllustratedChronicles (flickr)
T Waddle - 7th NF - Longhirst (wounded)

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES