Description"The K6 telephone box stands beside the B1337. In 1935, the Post Office commissioned a new kiosk from Sir Giles Gilbert Scott to celebrate the Jubilee of King George V. The K6 Jubilee Kiosk, as it is known, was similar to the K2 box, being made of cast iron and painted red but was 25% lighter in weight. By the end of the 1930s there were 20,000 K6 telephone boxes in use all over the UK." Photo by Maigheach-gheal, 2011, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2578116
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 11 months ago
Viewed: 274 times
Picture Taken: Unknown