Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Above Derwent Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Above Derwent Civil Parish

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Above Derwent Civil Parish


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Above Derwent Civil Parish, Cumbria, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Notes
Above Derwent War Memorial 1455058 II 1921 Located between Portinscale and Braithwaite.
Church of St Mary 1144575 II 1831 Thornthwaite
Hall Garth Farmhouse 1327177 II    
Hall Garth House and Adjoining Former Stable/Barn 1144576 II    
Ladstock Country House Hotel 1144577 II    
Lane Foot Farmhouse 1144578 II    
Lingholm 1413920 II    
Little Braithwaite Farmhouse 1144571 II    
Low House Farm 1413792 II    
Low Snab and Adjoining Barn 1144569 II    
Newlands Church and Former School 1144570 II    
Peter House 1327220 II    
Pow House 1144573 II    
Stair Bridge 1144574 II    
Stair House 1113277 II    
The Old Manor 1144572 II    
Goldscope copper and lead mines and remains of associated dressing floors, stamp mill, dressing mill, reservoir and leats 1019945 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Dale Head copper mine 300m north east of Dale Head 1019943 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Dale Head copper mine dressing floors and associated buildings 400m north of Dale Head 1019942 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Force Crag mines and barytes mill and a prehistoric cairnfield 1019748 n/a   Scheduled Monument
St Thomas' Work Elizabethan copper mine 320m north west of Grey Buttress 1019940 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Long Work 16th and 17th century copper mines, 400m north west of Waterfall Buttress 1019944 n/a   Scheduled Monument

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings.

Church of St Mary, Thornthwaite
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Mary, Thornthwaite
- Overview Map Street View St Mary's Parish Church is located a short distance east of the village of Thornthwaite in the Allerdale district of Cumbria. It was built in 1831, ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES