Levens is a village in the South Lakeland district of Cumbria, located about 3 miles south-west of Kendal. The village was formerly known as Beathwaite Green until the Parish of Levens was created in 1836.
Levens is a village and civil parish in the South Lakeland district of the English county of Cumbria. It has a population of 1,007, increasing to 1,049 at the 2011 Census. The village lies south of Kendal off the A6 and A590 roads. Levens Hall is within the parish.
An electoral ward in the same name exists. This ward stretches from Helsington, then south to Heversham. The total ward population at the 2011 Census was 2,056.
- Henry Graham (of Levens) (died 1707), landowner and member of parliament
- James Knox (born 1995), racing cyclist