Holystone is a village in Northumberland, located by the River Coquet, about 2 miles south-east of Harbottle. To the north of the village is Lady's Well, restored in 1788, and thought to date back to Roman times. St Mary's Church in Holystone dates back to the 12th century and St Mungo's Well from the early 19th century. Just over a mile to the south of the village is Holystone Grange, which has Woodhouse Bastle in its grounds. Also, nearby the 'Five Kings' sanding stones.
Holystone is a small village in Northumberland, England.
It lies on the edge of (and just within) the Northumberland National Park on the north bank of the River Coquet. A significant landmark is Holy Well, traditionally the site of early Christian baptisms, and the source of Holystone's water supply.
In the early 12th century Holystone became the home of a priory of Augustinian Canonesses. The priory buildings were demolished during the reformation in 1541.
In 1903, Newcastle upon Tyne-based architect Frank West Rich purchased Dues Hill Grange and 3000 acres of land in Holystone, which he subsequently renovated.
Holystone is in the parliamentary constituency of Berwick-upon-Tweed.