Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > St Cuthbert Without Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in St Cuthbert Without

Historic Buildings and Monuments in St Cuthbert Without


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Civil Parish of St Cuthbert Without, Cumbria, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Notes
5, Brisco View 1087743 II    
Barn to West of Cottage, North East of Town Head Farmhouse 1087754 II    
Blackhall Wood Farmhouse and Adjoining Barn 1335503 II    
Blackwell Farmhouse 1335494 II    
Blackwell House and stables 1087744 II    
Brisco Farmhouse 1335495 II    
Brisco Hall 1087747 II    
Brisco Hill 1087746 II    
Brookside and Cammock House 1335493 II    
Candlemas Cottage 1087756 II    
Carleton Farmhouse and barns adjoining 1335500 II    
Carleton Hill Farmhouse 1087718 II    
Church of St Mary 1087758  II* 1842 Wreay. By Sarah Losh
Cottage North East of Town Head Farmhouse 1087753 II    
Croft House, Petteril Villas 1087748 II    
Cross in Wreay Churchyard 1087759 II c.1835 Wreay. By Sarah Losh
Farm Buildings to East of the Beeches 1335499 II    
Farm Buildings to the South East of Newbiggin Hall Farmhouse and Attached Outbuildings 1386534 II    
Garden Wall and Gate Piers to West of Carleton Hill 1335519 II    
Garden Wall to South East of Newbiggin Hall 1335520 II    
Gate Piers to West of Woodside Lodge 1335522 II    
Green Cottage and Millstone Cottage, South of Blackhall Wood Farmhouse, and Threshing Barn to South 1335518 II    
High Burnthwaite Farmhouse 1087719 II    
Ice House to north-east of Newbiggin Hall 1087721 II    
Langarth 1335496 II    
Mortuary Chapel 1087757 II c.1835 Wreay. By Sarah Losh
Newbiggin Hall 1087720  II*    
Newbiggin Hall Farmhouse and Attached Outbuildings. 1386533 II    
Orchard House 1087751 II    
Outbuilding to South East of the Cottage and North West of the Beeches 1087749 II    
Pompeian Cottage 1087761 II    
Ratten Row 1087752 II    
Re-Erected Font in Wreay Churchyard 1335502 II    
Scalesceugh Hall 1391509 II    
Sprunston Farmhouse and Barns Adjoining to North and East 1335521 II    
St Ninian's Well 1087745 II   Brisco
Sundial in Wreay Churchyard 1087760 II 1842 Wreay
The Beeches 1087750 II    
The Cottage 1335498 II    
Town Head Farmhouse 1087752 II    
Wooden Walls 1335497 II    
Woodside Lodge with Stable Block 1087722 II    
Worthington Place 1376806 II    
Wreay Bridge 1290339 II 1830s Wreay. Over the River Petteril
Wreay Churchyard, Losh Mausoleum 1335501 II 1850 Wreay. By Sarah Losh
Scalesceugh Roman kilns 1007181 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Park House Roman fort 1007182 n/a   Scheduled Monument

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings.

St Cuthbert Without Civil Parish Mortuary Chapel, St Mary's Church Losh Mausoleum, St Mary's Church Bewcastle Cross, St Mary's Church Sundial, St Mary's Church Church of St Mary St Ninian's Well, Brisco Wreay Bridge
Church of St Mary
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Mary
- Overview About St Mary's Church Map Street View   St Mary’s Church, Wreay is the Church of England parish church of Wreay in Cumbria. It was designed by Sara Losh ...
Mortuary Chapel, St Mary's Church
  Co-Curate Page
Mortuary Chapel, St Mary's Church
- The Mortuary Chapel adjoining the cemetery of St Mary's Church in Wreay was built in c.1835. It was built by Sarah Losh as a reconstruction of St Perran's Oratory at ...
Bewcastle Cross, St Mary's Church
  Co-Curate Page
Bewcastle Cross, St Mary's Church
- The carved sandstone cross by the Losh Mausoleum, in the churchyard of St Mary's Church in Wreay, was built in c.1835 by Sarah Losh. It was erected as memorial to ...
Sundial, St Mary's Church
  Co-Curate Page
Sundial, St Mary's Church
Losh Mausoleum, St Mary's Church
  Co-Curate Page
Losh Mausoleum, St Mary's Church
St Ninian's Well, Brisco
  Co-Curate Page
St Ninian's Well, Brisco
- The ancient well dedicated to St Ninian is located at the north-west of Brisco in Cumbria. The dressed sandstone wellhead was rebuilt by Sarah Losh, somtime during the 1830's to 1840's.[1] ...
Wreay Bridge
  Co-Curate Page
Wreay Bridge
- Wreay Bridge - a red sandstone road bridge over the River Petteril, to the south-east of Wreay in Cumbria. The 3 arched bridge was built in the 1830's.[1] The bridge ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES